CBP (Customs & Border Protection) received $30M in the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 appropriation for enabling ACE enhancements.
FY 2018 ACE enhancement funding will be used for the following (refer to this link for additional details):
• Section 321/Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act enabling automation
• Electronic CBP Form 5106
• Modernizing Foreign Trade Zone (e214) process in ACE
• Creation of Unique Identifiers for Centers of Excellence and Expertise
• Transitioning to Broker National Permit
• Modernizing vessel management, via Vessel Agent Account Type
• Streamlining and modernizing truck processing, via a non-intrusive inspection program
• Updating Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)
• Manifest update to include shipper phone number
• Electronic vessel manifest confidentiality request
Check this site for updates for any additional updates.